buttons

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pearl Monogrammed Blanket

Pearl Monogrammed Blanket

Its our two month wedding anniversary today and I realized I never posted on one of my favorite wedding crafts I did.  For our exit from the reception, we rode in a horse drawn carriage.  While sometimes in March its warm in Charleston, that night it was chilly so I customized a blanket for our hour long carriage ride after the wedding.  I used a blue blanket I purchased at Target then added the monogram.

Materials Needed:

Blanket of Choice (solid colors will make the monogram stand out)
Three sizes of imitation pearl beads from a craft store (1 bag of large, 1 bag medium, 2 bags small)
White embroidery thread (3 strands)
White Felt Scrap

I started by cutting the letter out of white felt then used a blanket stitch to put the felt on.  I put it in the corner so that when it was folded it could be displayed.  

 I bought the pearl beads at Walmart in the craft section in three different sizes.  I started out by doing the largest beads spread out on the entire "M" then went to the medium and small.  No one would be seeing the backside of my blanket so I didn't worry too much about the stitches on the back being seen.



I filled in all of the spots around the large beads with the two other sizes until the section felt full enough.


The smallest beads took the longest to fill in, I had to go back a second time to buy more.


I love how it turned out! The pearls gave the solid colored blanket the special something I wanted for the carriage ride, and we were nice and warm while touring downtown Charleston.

1 comment:

Eclipse and Space Themed Sensory Bottle

Eclipse Sensory Bottle      Today was the big event everyone has been waiting for! The total solar eclipse 2017! We live in Charle...