buttons

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Target Lilly Pulitzer Lamp Makeover



Target Lilly Pulitzer Lamp Makeover


This past week I completed several projects for Lilly's nursery.  Ben finished painting the room and put together the Ikea dresser so I decided to complete a few projects of my own.  For the dresser, I found this inexpensive white lamp at Target with the lamp shade (some of Target's lamps come separate).  From previous projects in the past, I know its best to use a lamp shade in white if you are recovering so it does not distort the color of the fabric you put on top in any way.  



Once I got it home, I cut a strip of fabric wider than the lamp shade so I had plenty of material to work with.  Using my trusty glue gun, I started on the top section and glued a bit down at a time as close to the edge inside as possible.  I would then go to the bottom and glue and bit, stretching it as I glued so it had a nice tight look.  As I wound around the lamp, I trimmed the excess fabric away as close as possible to the glue line.  Once I got to the end, I folded the fabric to create a hemmed seam on the edge where the two ends of fabric met.  I glued it down and finished trimming off the extra fabric.  


This project took maybe 20 minutes to finish at the most.  Making it a super quick and easy way to add the fabric I like into the nursery.  Similar lamps in Lilly Pulitzer fabrics are selling on Etsy for a crazy amount, so this is a major cost saving and simple project.  Here's how it looks set up in the nursery! More nursery pictures to come as we complete projects!



2 comments:

  1. I was browsing pinterest for a Lily lamp for my office and came across yours, adorable! You did a great job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was super easy and very reasonably priced! Hope you find something or make something cute for your office!!

    ReplyDelete

Eclipse and Space Themed Sensory Bottle

Eclipse Sensory Bottle      Today was the big event everyone has been waiting for! The total solar eclipse 2017! We live in Charle...