Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Hospital Labor and Delivery Nurse Treat Bags



Hospital Labor and Delivery Nurse Treat Bags

With our due date fast approaching, I have been trying to check off the last few items on our ever growing to do list.  Yesterday I was able to check off make thank you treat bags for the L and D nurses.  My husband is an RN and did his clinical rotation in L and D. He helped pick out the treats to go in the bags.  He said their hands get dry after using so much hand sanitizer and soap all day and that any food would also be appreciated.


The bags all include:

Bath and Body Works Hand Cotton Lemonade Lotion (purchased during the semi-annual sale!)
Two Kashi Granola Bars
Lifesaver Mints
Trident Gum

The note was super easy to make on Photoshop and I just tied it to the bags with curling ribbon.  I asked for the bags when I bought the lotion at Bath and Body Works because they are a great size for small gifts.  I made three bags, he said there will be only 2-3 primary nurses helping during that time.  I might make a basket of candy to stick out in our recovery room for those helping us the rest of the stay.  I'll post pics of any of those I make.  If you would like a PDF emailed to you with your names inserted in any color you would like, let me know, its super quick to do!


What are your plans or what did you do for your Labor and Delivery nurses to show your appreciation?

13 comments:

  1. Great gift idea for all nurses show you care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am CFBC, but I imagine this goes over as such a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a nice thing to do! I never thought to do that back when I was in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind and thoughtful! What a great idea. Nurses are the ones who really take care of us. And congrats on your soon to be born angel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a few wonderful nurses after delivering my son. I wish I'd done something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a few wonderful nurses after delivering my son. I wish I'd done something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is lovely! With my last baby I made cookies, and my husband brought them in in cute little tins. They all loved them so much. This is a fantastic idea! - Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, such a neat idea! I wish I'd done this kind of appreciation before.
    www.gregdemcydias.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so thoughtful and I know would be very appreciated. It's wonderful that you planned it all out in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! Will share this to the people I know (soon to be moms). Definitely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. The L and D nurses and staff would sure be happy to get a thank you treat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely idea. My best friend is a nurse and always gets dry hands, so the hand cream is a lovely touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't do anything but say thank you, lol. Now I'm feeling bad. I think they should be appreciated, definitley.

    ReplyDelete