Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Halloween Footprint and Handprint Art


Halloween Handprint and Footprint Craft
Lilly's first Halloween is coming up and we are so excited! She has lots of costumes and cute outfits to wear this month and I have lots of fun activities planned. Yesterday after a long day at the Pumpkin Patch, I decided to do a cute craft with her. I saw several cute handprint and footprint examples on Pinterest and decided to combine some of them. I bought the ribbon and the five pack of canvas at Michaels. The canvas pack was very reasonably priced and you can use a coupon on it. 

I painted the background of all the canvases before trying to do her handprints. To do the handprints and footprints it was a two person job. Ben held her arms and legs each time I painted her and then we positioned it over the canvas and pressed them down.  I touched them up a bit afterwards where some of the paint smeared. I also added eyes and mouths to the footprint and handprints. 

Once they were finished I sprayed them with Modge Podge sealer and let them dry. After they dried, I hot glued the ribbon pieces in between and made the bow for the top to hang. Don't forget to write their name and year on the back. 

We hung her canvases up and they look so cute in our kitchen! What Halloween crafts have you completed or have planned for this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment